Unobtrusive Accessibility Features at both Hay Barn & Straw Barn
Both Barns have been awarded Four Star Ratings, and Accessibility for Older & Less Mobile Guests, by VisitBritain's Quality in Tourism schemes.
Without wishing to limit our letting market solely to those with Mobility concerns, we have taken specialist advice and tried to incorporate a number of unobtrusive accessibility features. We hope we have provided buildings accessible to a number of disabilities, particularly for accompanied persons, and for wheelchairs. Each Barn has the items listed below.
If you have a particular requirement which is not on the list, please ring us as we may be able to provide it. You must then confirm that requirement again to us in writing when you make your booking.
- No gates, cattle grids or unmade surfaces from the public highway, Wellers Town Road
- Short slope at about 1:15 from gravelled parking area down to front door
- Firm, level brick paver surface by front door
- Front door-threshold only about 2 mm high, wide front door into entrance hall
- Step of 4.5cm from Living Room to garden
Inside [Hay Barn has a Shower Wet Room, Straw Barn has a Bathroom with Aquability bath / handshower]
- Single-storey building
- Wide doors throughout
- Living Room has a wall of double-glazed windows, including double-width French doors
- Cream tiled floor to Living Room
- Black tiled floor to Wet Room / Bathroom
- Carpeted Bedrooms
- Top window-lights of Living Room & Kitchenette can be opened by electric remote control
- Electric light switches, wall sockets & appliance controls are readily accessible, and can be reached from a seated position
- Large Wet Room / Bathroom for wheelchair
- Hay Barn’s Wet Room has fitted handrails and a vertically-adjustable wall seat by the shower
- Straw Barn’s Bathroom has fitted handrails, and full-size Aquability side-entry bath & handshower, with hot water set to about 55 degrees C for bath and handshower
- Bosch Induction Hob fitted
- Heat alarm system
- Seasonal underfloor electric heating
Copies of these are available on request.